Location: Culp Street – Niagara Falls
Hours of Work: 20hours/week on Mon to Fri 10am -2pm
Contract: 9 months with the possibility of Extending
As the largest provider of Emergency Shelter in the Niagara Region, the YWCA Niagara Region offers innovative housing programs and services that provide hope for women and their families living in poverty.
The YW provides shelter, food and assistance to homeless women and their families. Our dedicated staff provides exceptional care and support for the women and their families who turn to us. The YW offers staff a challenging and collaborative environment as they work to create meaningful change for homeless individuals.
To complement our Emergency Shelter program staffing component, the YW is looking for an exceptional team player, who is compassionate, non-judgmental, and self-motivated to round out the team.
This is an entry level position providing supports in the cleaning of both the Culp St and King St Emergency Shelters however, where time permits cleaning support can be branched out to other YWCA Program areas. The cleaner will be responsible for regular upkeep of both locations in communal spaces i.e. lobby’s, washrooms, reception, copier rooms etc. as well as offering cleaning assistance with room turnovers, laundry, apartment cleanouts etc.
- Deep cleaning and general upkeep of communal shelter areas
- Dusting, sweeping, mopping and vacuuming
- Polishing furniture and room accessories as needed
- Scrubbing sinks, baths/showers and toilets in both guest and staff washrooms
- Cleaning windows, glass surfaces and mirrors
- Regular washing of shower curtains and bathmats
- Assist where possible Women’s Advocates with room turnovers and room laundry
- Disposing of trash/recycling bins and containers
- Maintain/upkeep all cleaning equipment, supplies and products. Report concerns or needs to both Senior Advocate for Ordering purposes and Director of Operations
- As deemed necessary and appropriate provide assistance within other shelters and housing programs for cleanouts
- Other program related tasks as designated and agreed upon with Director of Operations
- 1+ years cleaning experience within a similar work environment an asset
- Trained in WHIMIS and familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Experience multi-tasking in high pressure environments
- General understanding of YWCA Programs and Services
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- Valid Driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle
- CTI, Level C First Aid and Vulnerable Screening Clearance (Police Check)
Please send resume and letter of interest by December 14th, 2020:
Director of Operations: Maj-Britt@ywcaniagararegion.ca | t: 905-988-3528 ext. 3243 | f: 289-271-1143
183 King St, St. Catharines ON L2R 3J5