The YWCA Niagara Region will be breaking ground in 2019 on a new family shelter combined with permanent housing apartments.
Currently, the YW’s family apartments are spread across St. Catharines. This can be
isolating for struggling families, and it requires excessive staff travel. This new building will deliver a proactive, cost-effective solution while allowing staff to provide higher level of support, resources and care. The new facility will encourage social interaction and a support network for families.
• Four self-contained family units with 3 bedrooms in each unit
• 20 long-term permanent housing units with four of the units having 2 bedrooms
• A play space to normalize and create a child friendly environment
• Communal green space for residents to garden, relax and spend time with
• Common space for gathering, mingling and building a support network
among residents and staff
• Centralized Administration
For more information, please contact Elisabeth Zimmermann at 905 988 3528 ext. 3239.