The YWCA Niagara Region will be breaking ground in Spring 2018 on a new family shelter combined with transitional housing apartments.
Currently, the YW’s family apartments are spread across St. Catharines. This can be
isolating for struggling families, and it requires excessive staff travel. This new family
shelter and transitional apartments will deliver a proactive, cost-effective solution
while allowing staff to provide higher level of support, resources and care. The new
facility will encourage social interaction and a support network for families.
We’re thrilled to make a milestone announcement that our Capital Campaign is well on its way! We’ve raised 1.2 million dollars towards our new build Oakdale Commons!
• Six self-contained family units with 3 bedrooms in each unit
• 17 transitional housing units with four of the units having 2 bedrooms
• A play space to normalize and create a child friendly environment
• Communal green space for residents to garden, relax and spend time with
• Common space for gathering, mingling and building a support network
amongst the residents and staff
• Centralized Administration
For more information, please contact Nicki Inch at 905 988 3528 ext. 3237.
We cannot thank our donors enough for making this possible.
The Branscombe Foundation
Rotary Club of Niagara
Wise Guys Charity